Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Temporary Goodbye to my Profession

So my last day of work was Friday, July 31. I am sad because I love my job, I love the patients that I have had the opportunity to work with, and I love all my co-workers (OTs, PTs, SLPs, Techs, Secretaries, Nurses, etc.). I will not be able to practice occupational therapy on St. Kitts, as they currently do not have therapy services (PT, OT, or Speech) on the island. St. Joseph's in Bryan is a GREAT place to work, and I will truly miss everyone. While at St. Joseph's, I have had the opportunity to work in various settings including inpatient rehab, outpatient, long-term care and acute care, with a few pediatrics thrown in there. It has been a great learning experience for me as a new grad. My great co-workers threw me a pot-luck lunch party on my last day. They also pitched in and supplied me with a beach bag full of island survival gifts. Thanks everyone for making my last day so memorable!



2 comments:

  1. What a great team you had! It kinda makes me miss the hospital setting! What are you going to do in St Kitts??? Seriously, drink and lay out??? ummm awesome! :) Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno what I will do yet! :) Just going to wait and see if anything pops up for me while down there! Drink and lay out, most definately:)

    ReplyDelete