As I sit here on this Monday morning, I reflect back on the this past week, and ask myself, where did it go?! Eric has completed week one of his second semester classes, and boy did it go by fast! He has not yet buried himself in the books, but I am sure that in the next few days he will be getting down to business. This past Thursday evening kicked off with the tri-annual semester olympics. Each semester forms a team (1-7th semester) as well as the VIPs and Ross U staff. Thursday evening was soccer, Friday flag football, Saturday ultimate frisbee, and Sunday beach volleyball. I regret to say that neither Eric nor I played in any of these events, but we were out there Thursday and Friday rooting for our respective team colors (Me=Yellow, and Eric=Orange (ahem...but not BURNT orange for those of you wondering)). The VIP/Staff team won soccer, and 7th semester (pink) won flag football. I am not sure who won the other two events.
Saturday night, we met up with friends at a nearby restaurant/bar for drinks, food, and the New Orleans Saints football game. We then headed off to the MR. RUSVM, where a guy representative from each semester performed in a follies type pageant. The categories ranged from best talent, best superhero, best mobster, etc. It was a great time. I really need to get better at taking more pictures...I have been slacking a little this semester, but promise to try harder at capturing the day to day life of two married Americans on a tiny tropical island.
Rock Lobster with the Crew
GO SAINTS!
Matt & Eric at Mr. RUSVM
VIP soccer team
Soccer
My two friends from graduate school will be visiting Eric and I this Wednesday to Sunday and we are soo excited! More pictures and stories to follow...
Shannon and Kelly say, "Get ready St. Kitts"





No comments:
Post a Comment