Thursday, June 3, 2010

Island Hopping to the Caymans

Hello from down under! Eric is finishing up his fourth week of third semester already! To catch you up on our recent adventures, let's back up to last Thursday. Eric and I flew to Miami on this day, in route to the Grand Cayman Island, for his sister's wedding. Once in Miami, we checked into our hotel, and then high-tailed it to the nearest shopping mall. There, we shopped and took in all the sweet sights and sounds of America!... and of course we had to meander through Bass Pro Shop. We then had an exceptional, All-American meal at Buffalo Wild Wings.

On Friday, we flew to the Cayman Islands. That night we met up with around 20 family and friends for a delicious meal. On Saturday, Eric and I had a chance to swim with the dolphins. We got a few pictures beforehand, but were unable to take our camera in the water (they said it would scare the dolphins, but we know that they just wanted us to buy their outrageously priced professional photos, and we did! But I don't have a scanner with us to post them on the blog). Swimming with the dolphins was really neat. After that, we headed over to the sea turtle farm. We couldn't believe how many sea turtles they had crammed in to all the different tanks. See pics below!

We then headed back to the hotel to hang out at the beach with Eric's family. The wedding was Saturday evening, and it was beautiful! They got married right on the beach. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures to post from the wedding due to our 2nd camera getting thrown in the pool that night (along with Eric).

Sunday we went on a reef fishing trip. All together the whole crew caught around 20 reef fish. These spanned from squirrel fish, to yellow tails, to trout, etc. The water there is so clear! We were cruising over 30 ft. deep water, and could see star fish, stingrays, coral...straight to the bottom! Eric and I had to leave Sunday afternoon, for another overnight stay in Miami. Whew that was a quick trip, but we had so much fun. And, it was good to get off of the rock for a few days!

I am sad that I didn't get to see my friend, Jennifer Leggett, who is currently living on The Grand Cayman Island. We had a little bit of a phone number/name miscommunication, so unfortunately I could not get in touch with her while we were there. She did inform me later that she did ride in a taxi van with my in-laws. Funny how things work out!

Also, Hailey, Chelby & Raeni, if you are reading this, I am sorry I could not post the picture of us on the beach after the wedding. It is on Pam's camera, and we didn't get a chance to upload her photos onto our computer!

Now that we are back to our island, Eric is back to the grind with school! I know everyone back home is getting ready for summer! We hope that our friends and families have a great summer and are safe in their travels. We will see you all in Texas, in August! Yee Haw.


Seven Mile Beach

Our hotel, at the end, and 7 mile beach

We have monkeys, they have iguanas.

Dolphins!







Sea Turtle Farm

Beautiful, but mysterious creatures.





My Handsome Hubby with a Turtle.





Eric's cousin, Hunter, snorkeling at the hotel

Hunter and his first catch!

Professional Angler...Ha!

Andy and his monsterous squirrel fish!

I finally caught one. I believe they called it a Spotted Sheephead Snapper.

Eric, in deep fishing concentration.

Our Fishing Boat

No comments:

Post a Comment