Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Beach and The Beach House


On Wednesday, a few VIPs decided to have a cookout on Gong Beach. MMM BBQ Chicken on the grill! This beach is awesome because right now, there are no facilities or food venues...just beach. Gong is located on the Atlantic side of the island and is beautiful! (the seaweed was a little bad on this day though). The sad part is, in about five years, there will be a community of homes, a hotel and restaurants surrounding this beach. Some of the crew went snorkeling here, and saw many tropical fish, a stingaree, an octopus and a big-bad-barracuda.

Ok, I know what you are thinking. Must be nice to lounge at the beach while Eric is stuck in class and studying. While this is so true, and I am not taking a moment of my beach time for granted, Eric is so supportive of me getting out of the dorm and hanging out with others. Living on and island + not being able to have a job = finding something else to do to keep myself sane. So Eric studies, I go to the beach, and we are both happy. But...I am around to support him, cook & clean for him, and listen to him when he needs to vent about classes and professors. Good thing I love the saltwater, sand, and sun!


Melissa, Kevin, Kori, Lindsay, Blake & K-Fitz (Kevin)

Lindsay & Me

Melissa with the coolest cover-up ever! (I have that exact one, different color)

Gong-Breathtaking





On Wednesday night, some friends from our orientation group and a few others went to The Beach House Restaurant to celebrate Ellen's birthday. Everyone had a great time, and the food was To-Die-For! Eric and I finally had a steak, after being beef deprived for 8 weeks on the island. That is a long time without for the Meat Man himself! Thank you Beach House for cooking our steaks just like we like! Medium rare Porter House for Eric and Medium Rare NY Strip for me.



The Birthday Girl! ELLEN!

1 comment: