Saturday, October 10, 2009

Six Down, Ten to Go

So, week 6 here on the island is coming to an end, and we feel like we have accomplished so much already! Eric made really good grades on his first three exams (anatomy, histology, and physiology), and has one more to go for the first round on Tuesday; this test being nutrition. I am sooo proud of him, and if he does really well on nutrition, which I know he will, we are going to treat him to a nice round of golf next weekend!

We have begun the process of getting Max and Shea prepped for doggy passport/import protocols, purchased a vehicle, and signed a lease on a condo for the next year. We will move out of the dorms in December, and move into our apartment in January when we return to the island. Everything seems to be sailing smoothly for us here. We miss each and every one of our family members and friends back home, but keep perspective of why we are here.
I am still teaching cheerleading and gymnastics to some of the prep school students, playing basketball, playing beach volleyball and hanging out at the beach and with other spouses as much as possible. I do at times find it difficult not to be practicing OT, but keep telling myself a job will be there for me when we get back home. Right now, this is all about Eric pursuing his dream, so that we reach a common family goal in the end.

The school has scheduled a catamaran trip for the first semester students a week from tomorrow. The catamaran will take us to Nevis as well as a spot for snorkeling. This was the trip that was cancelled during orientation secondary to Tropical Storm Erika. We are looking forward to this time with friends, away from school.

Today, Eric has buried himself into a private study room in the library, prepping for his nutrition exam. We will spend the afternoon together with friends, and then head off to the Marriott Casino to watch the LSU/Florida game. (Geaux Tigers!) The Aggies are playing OSU as I type. BTHO OSU, please.

Until the next blog... thanks and Gig'em.


2 comments:

  1. It is so good to hear from you Kori! I cannot believe you are a Carribean girl now and I think that is so awesome! I would absolutely LOVE to come vist y'all and bring my new little family. :-) It is so wonderful that Eric is pursuing his dream. Y'all definitely deserve all the best. I know that school must be hard for Eric so I will keep him in my prayers, but I am sure he will do fine--he has the best wife ever. :-) Yes, we were hoping the Aggies would pull a win, but we were not that lucky. Stay safe, sweet, and happy and I will talk to you soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update...looking forward to our trip in May! Hugs and Kisses...mb

    ReplyDelete