Monday, March 1, 2010

Mid-Semester Break (2)


We have now reached the mid-semester break of 2nd semester! The weekend was filled with fun events spent with our new friends on the island. Of course we kicked off Friday evening with beach volleyball. My team, The Vipers, ended up not playing due to the other team not showing up. We had a great time anyway hanging at Elvis' bar and grill for the night.

students at Friday night volleyball

Chad & Eric at Elvis'

Me & Elvis, the best bar owner in St. Kitts!
Our team all pitched in and bought Elvis a Vipers shirt, and he wears it every Friday to support his loyal friends and customers.

Carib: local Kittitian beer brewed on the island

On Saturday we packed our cooler, loaded up the beach chair & umbrella, and headed to Gong Beach. We spent the whole afternoon soaking up the sun with many of Eric's classmates (sorry, I didn't get any pictures). Kevin brought his grill out there, so we had hotdogs & pork chops on the beach.

Sunday, Eric and I headed to Port Zante to do a little window shopping through the tourist stores. We then met up with our friends Emily & Brandon for lunch at Sweet Lime. Below are pictures taken from the restaurant of two cruise ships at port that day.


On Monday morning, Eric and I played 18 holes of golf on the beautiful Marriott golf course. We had a great time together and I am so glad Eric was able to relax the last couple of days, before he hits the books again tomorrow (Tuesday).






We cannot believe how fast this semester has flown by! Eric and I will stay here for the April/May break. The first week Eric's parents may visit a few days, and my parents, along with Tyler, Courtney, Jeremiah, Aunt Sheila, Aunt Nita, Uncle Barry & Mary Beth will be here May 3 for a week!! We can't wait! This will definitely help our time go by, since we won't be back home until August. Eric and I will also travel to the Cayman Islands at the end of May for his sister's wedding. Until then, Eric will be in the books and I will try and stay busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment