Sunday, March 7, 2010

SeA sHeLLs

Eric and I have had a pretty low key weekend here on the island. Friday evening we went to Timothy beach for a few hours of volleyball. My team, the VIPERS, won again and we are undefeated! Eric has been studying day and night for his upcoming anatomy and parasitology exams this week.

The tide has finally brought in a few shells & sea glass to the beach by our apartment, on the Atlantic side (normally Caribbean side has the most shells), so I have spent the last two mornings exercising on the beach and searching for keepsakes. Below is a glimpse into what I have collected over the last two semesters. I took a whole jar-full of shells home in December to make Christmas ornaments for the family, so I am trying to increase my collection again.


I found the conch shells on the rocky shore by Ross U campus and the sand dollars were found while snorkeling at Shipwreck Beach. (The Lime Rum was found in the Duty Free Liquor Store ;) )


I am a sucker for Sea Glass! I could search the beach hours upon hours for glass and shells. I have spent some time looking for sharks teeth but have not had any luck thus far.

Who would have ever thought I would go from working 40 hour weeks after 6 years of college to searching for shells daily on the beach?!? God sure does work in mysterious ways. I am thankful for the time we have to spend on this beautiful island and have put away the guilty feelings... I am not taking any more moments of this life journey for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment