Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wow, it has been a while since I last blogged! The last two weeks have flown by, and I just haven't found the time to post anything new. Eric has been studying every day and night and has two tests next week. There are four more weeks of this semester and then a week of finals.

While Eric has been studying, I have been hanging out with other spouses at the beach, working on a website for Eric & his dad's cattle, teaching gymnastics, swimming lessons, and working a little on continuing education courses for my profession.

For my birthday this year, I got the whole set of Sex & The City DVDs, from season 1 to 6. Recently me, Jakki, & Emily have been getting together one night a week to watch a few episodes starting with season 1. One of us hosts the event and we enjoy a nice home-cooked supper, dessert and wine. It has been a lot of fun and we have many more episodes to go!

On Wednesday, Jessie, whom is a fellow VIP, her 9 month old son, Beau, and I headed to Reggae beach in hope of seeing Jimmy Buffet & his band perform. A cruise ship was in that day, containing a large portion of his fan base, called Parrot Heads. We hung out all afternoon in the water with little Beau and listened to a cover band, but Jimmy never showed. The owner of the bar said sometimes he shows, and other times he doesn't. Jimmy Buffet owns a home on St. Barts, just north of St. Kitts, and often flies his plane here to dine at Reggae. Hopefully we will see him before we leave the island for good.

Last night the VIPERs entered a night volleyball tournament located at Elvis' bar. Between games, a few of us gals helped out behind the bar serving drinks while Elvis cut loose. It was so much fun! Unfortunately my hubby went back to the library after school so he wasn't able to attend. But that's how it goes in vet school.

We just learned that Eric's parents will be visiting Eric and I the first few days of the semester break, and then my family will be here the second week. We can't wait to see them all and show them around the island.

Today Emily and I are going to see the movie, Remember Me, while our husbands study. Tomorrow I hope to go to the Marriott to watch the Aggie men's basketball team defeat Purdue! Whoop!

I really don't have any more news. I promise to try and keep the blog updated more often with more pictures. I hope everyone is doing well back home! Eat some crawfish for us!


At Elvis' last night during the volleyball tournament
Elvis, me, Adrianna, Daisy and Lindsay




No comments:

Post a Comment