Friday, April 1, 2011

RORO

I spotted this mammoth of a ship shown in the background of this pic, when hanging out at Elvis' Tuesday (on the Caribbean Sea). It is a Roll On/Roll Off (RORO) vessel from Japan that was delivering Japanese made vehicles to St. Kitts. In this picture, it was leaving St. Kitt's port (headed away from Japan) to deliver to more islands. I was told by a Kittitian that this ship had set out from Japan before the tsunami hit. Though it may not look like it in the picture, this vessel is actually larger than the largest cruise ship that comes into Kitts. Just thought it was an interesting tid bit to share with you....(since most products purchased on St. Kitts are imported)...and Japan has obviously been in the news lately...I wonder if this ship could have ridden out the tsunami because of it's massive size? ... Were lives spared secondary to timing? ...food for thought.


A Closer Look

No comments:

Post a Comment