Before leaving the island while I was pregnant, Eric's mom (Gramms) told me to bring home some Kittitian/Caribbean material home, so that she could fabricate a blanket for Blaine. I went to Caribelle Batik here in St. Kitts, and picked out two bright, floral patterns. For those of you who don't know, batik is a way of manually dyeing cloth material, using wax. All of their pieces at Caribelle are constructed by hand. I know Blaine will cherish this baby quilt forever, as it was made with the loving hands of her Gramms, and holds a bit of history from the place where she will spend the first year of her life. Thanks again Gramms for the beautiful batik blanket!
The quilt came back with us to Kitts. It is great for floor time!
Blaine testing out her new blanket for the first time, back in January.
Blaine and Gramms



No comments:
Post a Comment