Is it really already volleyball Friday?! This week has flown by.
On Sunday morning we headed to the Calypso Bay pool to meet up with other Mommies and Kiddos. Emily went with Blaine and me, and was such a big help with the bags, stroller, etc.! It is amazing how much you have to carry around for a little, 12 lb. baby. Goodness Gracious! But she is so worth it. Of course, Blainey Boo Bear slept through pool time!
Our Little Watermelon
Caribbean in the background.
Breathtaking views.
(Not so breathtaking..., this AWFUL picture of me, but I am still using the
Blaine and I had a pretty eventful week while Eric went to school and studied for his two upcoming exams that are next week. Tuesday we met up with the VIPs at Elvis's for some sun, corn hole, beverages, and visiting. Blaine slept most of the time, which allowed me to catch up with old friends and meet a few new ones.
Linds, Blaine and Me @ Elvis's
Ready to head to VIP day...I love how most of
her pictures end up in her car seat.
Wednesday, after Eric returned from school, we took Blaine to the local pediatrician. We were concerned about her acid reflux, which I blogged about that day. WARNING: the photo you are about to view could be a tad bit concerning to family and friends. Don't worry, Eric and I are accustomed to the Kittitian doctor "housing" after 28 weeks of prenatal care. The great thing is, you can go in without an appointment and do not have to fill out any paperwork... and the appointments are REALLY cheap. (No insurance is filed here on the island).
Yep, you guessed it...this is the pediatrician's office. Imagine us walking up the pathway, slow and curious, to the sound of a climatic thriller movie tune. It reminded me of how you always say, "Turn Around! Turn Around! Don't go into that abandoned home you idiot!"...when you watch a horror movie...ha! jk, it wasn't that bad.
The doc was very nice and concerned for Blaine, but he does not like to push meds with such a young baby (which I totally agree with and was thankful for). He basically told us what we already know about AR, but it was comforting to hear it from an MD. He told us it is a developmental issue and she will most likely outgrow it...therefore, we are doing all the conservative tx options out there...ie...feeding her upright, keeping her upright for 15-20 min. after feeding, elevated her crib mattress, eucalyptus oil in the humidifier, etc., etc. (gosh I am rambling).
Blaine in her pretty summer dress,
waiting for Eric to get home to take us to the pediatrician.
A view of port from the Doc's office.
Thursday, Blaine and I met Jasmine and her son, Jaziah, and Diane and her son, Mason for a pool/play date at the Marriott. To this day, Blaine still has not been in a pool, as she decided to sleep through pool time (which was really ok with me because the water was really cold!). We then headed to outdoor pool restaurant for lunch.
While we were sunning, Blaine was snoozing.
Blaine in her SPF (6 month) swimsuit!
Yep, another car seat photo session.
On a positive note, she really loves her car seat :)
Today, I will resume playing beach volleyball with the VIPERs. Eric will assume diaper duty for 30-45 minutes while I play. Wish us luck!










No comments:
Post a Comment