So there is not much to report about this week. It has been raining for days straight. The island is now in the rainy season. Monday night at 11 pm our power went out because of the storm that came through (you know, the one that has now turned into a tropical depression and expected to hit Florida, Miss, Alabama, Louisiana this weekend?!) I think Bonnie is her name. Our power did not come back on until around 7 pm the next night. Yes, it was a very miserable day without AC, cable, internet, phone, stove/oven, etc. I told Eric that we are very spoiled if we can't make it 24 hours without electricity. In our defense, he explains to me that it is not our fault because it is what we are used to! Damn right...in America you call the electric company and they bend over backwards to try and help you get your power back. Here, they hang the phone up on you. Customer service is non-existent on this island. So see, we are not spoiled, we are just accustomed to the American way...and we sure as hell miss it! :)
FOUR weeks from today we will be on a plane. We will be moving into a new apartment when we are back in September that offers more square footage to make room for Baby Metteauer. I am now 4 months and 3 days pregnant. I have felt our little avocado (that is what babycenter.com compares its size to right now) move a few times! My health is good (knock on wood) and I now have more energy to move about the island. Good things are yet to come! Take care my friends and we will see you all REAL soon!
Because I have not taken any pictures this week, I want to post pics of my Mom, Aunt Nita, Macey, & Torey Teal. They will be visiting us in St. Kitts in October, and flying home with me when I come back for my third trimester. I am so excited they will all be here! These are the only pics I could find of them at the moment! Love you gals!



No comments:
Post a Comment