Last Saturday, the Kittitians celebrated their Independence Day from the United Kingdom. St. Kitts and Nevis were once known as British Islands, but have survived as an independent federation since September 19, 1983. St. Kitts and Nevis are governed by a constitutional monarchy with Westminister-style parliament. Below are Kittitian dancers at Port Zante, performing a dance to cultural music.
The next series of pictures are of one single sunset filmed at Timothy beach. I have heard from Ross students and locals, that once the sun sets just below the horizon here in St. Kitts, there is a green flash that will appear. I have examined this phenomenon several times, even trying to capture it on my camera, but have yet to see this mysterious 'green flash'. The other folks surrounding me that were watching this particular sunset all said they saw it. Maybe I didn't see it because I was trying to photograph it. Maybe the Kittitians are pulling my leg. Maybe I had one too many Caribs. Yes, I will definitely video the sunset next time. Stay tuned for actual evidence of 'The Green Flash'.

No comments:
Post a Comment