I have mentioned that every Friday afternoon, starting at 3:45, Ross students have volleyball games against one another. My team has a bye this week, so we will go to watch our friends play and enjoy the beach and island beer. There are two leagues split into 'A' teams and 'B' teams. The A teams are serious about game play, and the B teams just like to go for the beer and fun. I am currently on a B team, but I am thinking I would like to join an A team next semester, if I meet some people who would invite me to play.
I, on the other hand, have spent a little time at the beach this week, playing volleyball, going to the movies and grocery store with Emily (that is always an interesting experience), exercising, etc. Tuesday was my first day to teach gymnastics and cheerleading to some of the girls at the prep school. It went very well, and I had two other VIPs, Lindsay and Karen, help me out (thank goodness!). I have also started looking into off-campus housing for us. We will move out of the dorms the latter part of December and move into a new place in January, when we return to the island. We plan to bring our two dogs, Max (pomeranian) & Shea (red heeler), back with us to Kitts in January. Getting them down here will take an act of Congress (lot of paperwork and tests involved) but it will be well worth it!
I have not taken many pictures this week, but will try to get some posted by Sunday. Eric's first exam will be on Monday, so everyone say a little prayer for him. After tonight, he will be nestled in his histology notes all day Saturday and Sunday (when he is not in TA sessions).
I hope everyone has had a great week back in the states. I hear the weather is getting cooler and our friends are beginning to tailgate and attend college football games (we are a tad jealous about that!) Eric and I have caught a few games here and there on TV. Hopefully the Aggies will be on TV soon! BTHO UAB!
Well, it's about that time to head to the beach! Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment