So Eric's second week of classes are coming to an end, and he has one more week of school before exams begin. His first exam is micro-anatomy, falling on the day of his 27th birthday (awww). Eric is enjoying his classes, and has joined two clubs on campus thus far, waiting for more information on a few others he has interest in. The two now include AAEP (American Association of Equine Practitioners) and AABP (American Association of Bovine Practitioners).
While Eric has been busy studying, I have kept myself busy with the help of other VIPs. Tuesday I went to lunch with Jakki, Karen, and her 9 month old baby Isaiah at Cafe Carib. I finally found Quesadillas!!! This excites me, because there is not one Mexican restaurant on the island. I also learned this week that I will have the opportunity of teaching cheerleading and gymnastics to some of the prep school kiddos, as an after school program on Tuesdays. These are children of Ross staff and students. The prep school is based on the USA school curriculum, and have roughly 60 kids in attendance this year...pre-school through tenth grade. This should be very interesting! :) Our mascot will be the Turtles!
I had lunch with Eric twice on campus which was nice. (any chance we can get together, the better!) It is amazing how those few minutes together count. I also went to the Marriott to play bingo one night. Lindsay won a round, receiving 100 dollars and cash and a case of Carib, one of the local beers brewed here on the island. On Wednesday, I was fortunate to be invited on a catamaran trip that was out on the Caribbean Sea for half a day. The catamaran took us to a cove for snorkeling near the southern end of the island, and we were served all the booze you could drink, as well as lunch. I went with Lindsay's family (a fellow VIP from Tomball, Texas!!!) and we had a blast!
Our semester beach volleyball games start tomorrow after school, and some of our teammates got together this afternoon to practice at Timothy Beach. Eric will finally take an afternoon off from the books to come out and watch! YAY! Below I have posted pictures of the cat trip. Enjoy!
View of the mountains as we left Port Zante
This is the cove where we snorkeled, called Shitten Bay. (and that is no... :) ) A few people saw a sea turtle, and I saw beautiful tropical fish and what looked to be like an octopus, but Eric thinks it was probably a squid of some sort (but he wasn't even on the trip...hmm)
The shadow you see underwater is a barracuda. I did not see him while snorkeling, but others said he had some pretty big teeth!
The Boat
Javid and Ian working hard to get the sail up.
A view from the port.
Shipwreck Beach
A lizard Lindsay's friends spotted at the port...and may have chased him a little for this photo op! Look how he matches the sidewalk bricks!
The VIP team during the olympics at Timothy Beach. Can't wait for tomorrow's first official games to start off the semester! They will take place every Friday afternoon here, right by Ziggy's bar.










GO TURTLES!!!! hahaha I couldn't even concentrate on the rest of your post b/c I'm thinking of your future cheerleaders and cheers you're going to have them do! T-U-R-T-L-E-S! LOVE IT and def want pictures of that!
ReplyDeleteYes Jordan...I know you got cheering skills..hook a sista up with some turtle chants:)......Kori
ReplyDelete